Friday, August 13, 2010

Recipe: Custard Buttermilk Pie

Gave you a sneaky-peek yesterday at a dessert that is crazy easy to make.  Why?  Because dessert is always a delight ESPECIALLY if super easy to make!

Welcome back because if you love Crème brûlée, you are going to like this recipe. 

Buttermilk Pie

Ingredients

1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Bisquick biscuit mix
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled down
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs

Directions

Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
(Tip: This is not an option. Collect all your ingredients and combine after your oven is ready.)

Coat a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
(Tip: use our Tuesday Tip! to help)

Combine the sugar, buttermilk, biscuit mix, melted butter, vanilla and eggs in a blender or with a hand held mixer until smooth. (Tip: you want the melted butter slightly cooled so you don't cook the eggs when combining.)

For fun and speed, I use a blender. Notice I placed my eggs in first and the butter last to really keep down the chance of accidentally pre-cooking my eggs.



...

Pour into your prepared pie plate. Tip: you can carry it on a baking sheet to catch any accidental spillage.



...

Bake for about 35 minutes or until browned.



...

Tip: You want your pie to slightly wobble in the center because it will set as it continues to cool once removed from heat.  All ovens are different so I would suggest to check at 30 minutes and give your pie plate a little jiggle. I had one girlfriend test this recipe and hers was already completely set at the 30 minute mark. I pulled out mine at 35 minutes because I noticed the top started to crack. However, I found it to have the perfect jiggle and it's texture was wonderful after it set.

I let our pie sit out to continue to cool and set while we ate dinner. Then cut and served it after cleaning up.

...

Serve with raspberries or blueberries...YUM-O!


We found that it tasted so much like a homemade Crème brûlée because of it's dreamy custard texture and never worried about the lack of brûlée.

I hope you find the time to enjoy.

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! Definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling and will DEFINITELY try this one! And no blow torch required, which is always nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.