Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rising with the sun

Do you ever get up in the morning and immediately start day dreaming? Sometimes I do.  Today was one of them. Actually, I went to bed talking to my husband about lasagna.  I really, really, really want some. So yes, I'll be making a trip to the store today and prep my items for tomorrow's dinner.

Already my kitchen smells like pizza because I'm making herb rolls.  I made my dough with oregano, basil, and garlic. It's been kneaded, shaped, covered, and placed in the refrigerator to pull out in order to let it rise and be baked to be served alongside dinner...tomorrow.  Whew.

Talk about kneading to rise with the sun. That's alot of work.  And I STILL have to make my sauce for the lasagna! But I'm excited about it. There are days I love to be busy in the kitchen.

BUT, what excites me even more is discovering a way to make something delicious...FAST.

Would you mind sharing with me any of your favorite sweet or savory dish recipes that is so simple others don't believe you?  I'll have my family pick one and I'll make it. Then I'll feature it here (giving you credit) under a new page I'm calling "Quick and Easy".

In the meantime, here is a preview of a divine dessert that is so quick and easy!


YUM-O!


...

You won't have to rise with the sun to make this but do come back tomorrow for the recipe!


Happy baking,

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, love the sneak peek! My family's new favorite easy recipe is calzones. Refrigerated pizza crust (from the tube) placed on floured cutting board, cut into 6 rectangles, covered with pizza sauce, your favorite toppings and CHEESE...fold rectangles into triangles and close by crimping with fork. Brush outside with milk and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. Yum-o!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quick and easy is a new marinade that's perfect for either grilled chicken or tilapia (which we love)...1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, sprinkle some garlic and 1 teaspoon of honey...place in a ziploc bag with 3-4 chicken breats, shake it up, and place in fridge for at least 2 hours...voila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crockpot Tacos

    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs or both
    Taco Seasoning
    Tortillas
    All your favorite taco fixins

    Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle taco seasoning over; cook until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken and return to crockpot.

    Put chicken in tortilla, top with favorite fixins and eat.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.