Thursday, August 5, 2010

Today's Test Kitchen

I was getting ready to log onto Simply Divine's facebook page and let everyone know I am working on a new flavor combination. When I remembered that I've been staying off of the facebook screen sucking addiction, I remembered Amy.  But not for the reasons you think...nor the reason I might be adding some "Not Me Monday" posts.

So Misty and I decided it would be best to go dancing and leave facebook to those not afraid of the tide.

Ok, no. Not really. But those were some fun plugs! So check out those links when you get a chance.

Seriously though. I was going to post on facebook and thought to myself, "Well then, what is the real purpose of your blog? Post there you silly baking-because-it's-raining fool!"

Ok. I'm actually not sure if I know how to be serious. I do try.

Anyhoo.

I am working on developing a new cupcake.  So far, even though the cupcake is delicious and moist and YUM, it does not have enough of the coconut flavor I was working with.  If you watch Cupcake Wars, Florian Bellanger would be saying to me:

[frenchie, french accent]

"Aimm sorreee. Shu cupca e goo bu Ai canno fines ze flavo ough ze coconu."

translation:

"I'm sorry. Your cupcake is good but I cannot find the flavor of the coconut."

Yeah, yeah. I need the subtitles too sometimes.

Moving on.

I will work on bringing more of the coconut flavor into the cupcake for a true yummy coconut cupcake.  In the meantime I am topping these very buttery and slightly nutty flavored cupcakes with the following combinations.
  • Butterscotch whipped topping (alone)
  • Butterscotch whipped topping with caramel
  • Butterscotch whipped topping with chopped peacans
  • Butterscotch whipped topping with peacans and caramel
  • Coconut buttercream.
You have to come back after I take pictures and I'll let you know what my taste testers think.  You can also leave me a comment with what YOU think would taste best.

And in the words of Florian Bellanger,

"Happee Baykeen"

3 comments:

  1. You rock. Thanks for "icing" my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome, just like your cupcakes. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.