Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Tip!

Hello again!

To be honest with you, I've been getting so excited about these tip posts that anytime I have a thought of something to share...I immediately go to my drafts and make note of them.  Ummm...either I have some really good stuff to share or I get way too excited over the simplest things.

Yeahhh.

Today's tip wasn't actually in cue but I got so excited over it that I moved it to the top of the line.  For some odd reason I just couldn't wait to share it with you!

Baking spray.

Yup. That's it! Sort of. Read on...

I love using baking spray on my pans for some of my brownie recipes because I have found that it works even better than greasing and flouring. When I make cakes, I do grease the bottom of the pan only. Then I place a piece of parchment paper over it and lightly spray the paper. I love how this is the muscle behind my cakes and brownies not sticking to the pan.

But our Tuesday Tip! cannot end there.

First...If you don't know what baking spray is then all you need to know is that it's basically cooking spray with flour and is a life saver in time when baking.

So which brand do I like best?

Pam.

Pam is actually the first of the baking sprays I ever used and when I tried others, I simply did not like them as much.

Would you believe me that I still have not reached the part of the tip I am most excited over?

So thank you for unsticking with me because here it is.

Anybody who uses baking spray knows it can be quite messy when preparing your pans because it just seems to get everywhere.  Time after time, I have found myself cleaning my sink, counters, and even floor after using the stuff. BUT NO MORE! Open your dishwasher door and spray your pan over it.  That way any over spray goes into the dishwasher and gets washed off during the next cycle. BRILLIANT!

I so wish I had thought of that years ago.

And now...you have it!

Happy Baking,

2 comments:

  1. Note to self: Do not do this when you have a dishwasher full of clean dishes. (This could end up as part of my "Not Me Monday" blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely use baking spray for that very reason. When I have to I usually step out onto the back porch! Your way is much easier. :)

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.