Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today's Test Kitchen

Oh no. Not again. Not another fail.

Yup. But this time it was the most fun I've had with my children in the kitchen. Once I get the pictures taken of the final product, I'll upload them and tell you what happened.  It just so happens to be cooling right now and yes we are still going to eat it.

Just remember, when you start smelling smoke and the timer still hasn't gone off yet...check the oven.  Quick!

I did. But it was too late.

So after turning off the smoke alarm, I gave the children and I sampled the crust I was forced to remove. (Yeah, that's never a good sign. You know, hard crust on a cake.)

They say it's really yummy though.

I agree. Almost like a really nice sweet biscotti.

Just wait until I tell you what happened and why.  But first I need to go clear out the air and clean up my oven.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.