Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday Tip!

Ahhhh! Why didn't anyone remind me it was Tuesday before I started getting ready for bed?!?! 

GASP!

Today was the first day of school and the first day of kindergarten for our littlest one. I cannot believe how fast time has flown by and today certainly was another example of how it will simply slip through your fingers. 

Somehow I found myself somewhere between the "walking dead" and "euphoric" stage in this new chapter of my life because I was now at home alone with hours to fill. I could do my "to do" list without needing to worry about feeding another human being or keeping an eye on the clock for naptime.

Guess what happened.

I forgot to eat lunch.

And I didn't notice the clock as I did laundry and cleaned the house.

So I forgot it was Tuesday.

And that you were waiting for me.

Anxiously.

Waiting.

For my tip.

And it never came.

So what I decided to do is to share my Tuesday Tip in a "how to" recipe.  But since it's now approaching midnight and I don't have pictures uploaded. And I picked up my mother from the airport today. And I'm now typing this on her bed. And she is trying to get to sleep. And she is kicking me out of my office/guest room.

I'll come back to tell you how to SIFT your way to a wonderful and delicious cake or cupcakes.

Yup. You heard it. That dreaded SIFT word in recipes.

But the thing is I know that you would love for me to tell you how to get something amazing out of a boxed cake mix.  And yes, it does require a little extra work. And yes, I know I still have to share the results of the test kitchen fail from last week. 

And yes, my mother is now kicking me. Literally.

sift, sift, sift, sift, sift...

This is why I should be in bed already.

Random streams of consciousness should really be me dreaming instead.

Happy Sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.