Thursday, July 22, 2010

Too much cake

I know this blog isn't rolling yet but I had to sign on to tell you that I just made my entire household bust out laughing.

Normally, when I am getting ready to leave the house with the children, I remind them of all things that need to be done.  Usually I say, "Bathroom, socks and shoes!"  Then chaos stirs the pot and the energy level rises high enough to power a small country but they usually are ready when I am. 

This time I did something a little different...unintentionally.

I've been baking so much lately that all I seem to have on my mind is cupcakes and cake.  So this afternoon when I had to go to the store for some more buttermilk and eggs, I announced the directions.  Except this time I said,
"Bathroom, cake and shoes!"
I didn't even realize what I had said until the usual whirlwind of activity was filled with shrills and side splitting laugher:

- "MOMMY! YOU SAID CAKE AND SHOES!"
- "YOU want us to put CAKE in our SHOES! HA! HA!"
- "SHOE cakes...not CUPcakes?"
- "You're CRAZY mommy!"

Yes. Yes. I think I am.

And the laughter went on and on...

2 comments:

  1. I think laughter is one of God's greatest gifts. I've done that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Lisa! I can just picture the children laughing with delight... at your expense. =)

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.