Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Twelve Days of Christmas

We celebrate Christmas all the way through January 6th, which is when the festivities surrounding the birth of Christ traditionally end.  It is known as the Epiphany, or when the Magi visited Jesus approximately two years after his birth.  This is when the gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh were given to the family.

In a large portion of the world, this is also when gifts are traditionally given to children.  In our home, we like keeping that tradition because it is something I grew up with.

Point?

I'm SO excited!

I've been baking and finished up my shopping today.  One of the plus sides of Americans "finished" with Christmas is the DEEP discounts at the stores. I purchased my goodies at almost 70% off!

Now that's something my pocket can celebrate!


And the good stuff...


In our home, if you are present with us, you receive a gift. That's just the way it is.


We always have gifts that represent what Jesus received. So how does this pertain to cupcakes that are simply divine? Not sure. But I do know they are small and sweet. They smell great and your taste buds dance!

Here's to tradition and celebrating with family!


Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment. I look forward to reading every single one...and yes, I really do savor each one.